Skip to main content

A Balanced Life!

 Hello Reader :)

Happy New Year to All! This year is going to be a Happy 2022 for all of us in terms of both personal and career life. Said this, I welcome you all back to my blog. Thank you so much for being on my page and taking your time off in reading an article. This article is all about balance. We might have heard several times that our life needs to be balanced. But how? We have our own ways of dealing with it. However, let me share one of the other ways which even you may not have given thought of it ;)

Something to ponder

Reconciling in a relationship amazes me! What amazes you? A person full of misery is still normal to me but a person with mystery amazes me. What are his intentions? Why is he so different every time you come across him? I find such people dangerously unique. I say danger because you don’t know the impact that he is making on you. I say unique because such talents are rare.

Let's begin!

Our mental health is very important in order to keep going forward in our life. Bad mental health leads to psychological issues like tension headache, depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder, and so on, which are more dangerous. Remember our body and mind work hand in hand. We know that our body is made up of flesh, bones, and glands (organs). Some of the glands release hormones (chemicals) into our blood. There are glands that naturally secrete happy hormones and aids in mental balance. It’s just that we need to know how to hack them ;)

Soar High but Stay Grounded!

Hormones and Magic:

How many of us treat ourselves, and feel good when we achieve something? Yes! It is important to reward ourselves to keep our esteem level high. Monotonous life is boring, attracts negative thoughts, and affects our self-confidence. Your body and brain need some love. Try achieving your goals, complete a task and focus on self-care activities. These will increase your Dopamine (the Reward chemical) level in your body. It encourages you to go for higher endeavours.

We are social beings. We need to be recognized, accepted, and loved by others. As humans, we do crave it, which is a natural instinct. Oxytocin (the Love hormone) needs to be satisfied. A balance in oxytocin is essential. We need to give love and take love. For this, we cannot sit in a place and wait for others to come and celebrate us. It’s we who need to break our comfort zone and socialize. Spending time on physical tasks like sports or playing with a pet and helping others will enable our love hormones to be balanced. 

Stress is inevitable; that means we can only cope with stress and not avoid it. If stress is not handled properly it will lead to anger, aggression, anxiety, and sometimes self-harm as well. Hence, it’s necessary to increase our Endorphin (the Painkiller) levels to attune to our mundane life by simple acts like listening to music, exercising, or watching a movie. Laughing also acts as a painkiller and navigates our energy appropriately.

Thoughts keep flooding whether you are paying attention or not. Some thoughts are hurting while some are detracting and that affects our mood. Serotonin (the Mood stabilizer) chemicals are much needed to stabilize our mood levels. Calming our minds by being mindful is a wonderful act of self-care. Meditation, being with nature, or sun exposure soothes our body and mind. Take a time out from your work or studies to rejuvenate and get recharged for the rest of the day.

Balancing these chemicals during time of emotional crisis help us to handle ourselves wisely.

I would like to leave you all with a quote by Sadhguru, "There is no such thing as work-life balance-it is all life. The balance has to be within you". With that said, I thank you all for reading till the end. I hope the article has given insight and messages to take away.

 

Love & Light,

Sangeetha 

Comments

Post a Comment

If you want to share your intellect with me, please let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

Life has a Limit or is Limitless?

Hello Reader :) Life becomes more meaningful when we are recognised for our work. Thank you so much for following and being on my page. Please keep encouraging me by reading my post and leaving your comments. Life has a Limit or is Limitless? Today is 'International Literacy day'. As educators we are, let's put our acquired knowledge into practice. Literacy forms the basis of communication and It's my privilege to communicate about 'Limitless' via my blog. The post is all about how conveniently we misuse the quality of life that we are blessed with. With the knowledge that I have gathered, would like to share with you too. Let's introspect once again. Beauty is in the eye of the bearer. Is there a measurement in life? I mean, is there a limit in our life? Do you agree when someone says - it should be only so much; that has to be done to a limit; it is agreed to an extent; there is a limit for everything. It varies right? Life has a limit or

Stress = COVID-19

Hello Reader :)  When you say that happiness is within, then you must be living a Mystic life. I believe that my readers are not soul seekers. We are like any other human beings, seeking for love, happiness, peace, acceptance and humanity. However, we are not sure whether we are only seekers or giving the same to others. We all have that moment of sadness, jealous, hopelessness, fear, disappointment, hatred or anger which causes Stress. Stress is inevitable and there is no cure for it, which means that we can only cope with it. There is no one on this earth living a stress-free life. Of course, there are many of us who are successfully coping with stress. Today I would like to share my views on how stress has brought changes amidst the global pandemic situation. The current COVID-19 has caused fear in every single being irrespective of age, gender, race or creed. It has got us into a lot of thinking like fear of death, fear of losing a job, fear of going hungry, fear of losing

ANXIETY!

Hello Reader:) Thank you so much for being on my page. I am glad that you have decided to read about anxiety. This article is all about what an anxious brain can do and a first step to overcome anxiety. Let me put it straight, though I am a psychologist, the article is not from a clinical perspective using a psychological brain rather it’s of a person’s personal experience with psychological intellect. If you would like to know the depth of anxiety go ahead and click on this following google link, and I hope that it helps you. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml To begin with my anxiety: Someone created this blog for me a decade ago mocking on my writing skills. I was then not so good at expressing my thoughts and that’s what I thought. And my blog site remained untouched for 10 long years. I was always anxious about my language skills and I believed that I would never write in my life. But then one beautiful morning thoughts were just flowing i