Skip to main content

Know Thy Pal

Hello Reader :)
Welcome back. Thank you so much for being on my page. This post is to give you an insight into a friend or who was a friend. Read it and learn it.
I had these thoughts in my mind for a longer period of time and decided to pen it down. So, here it is. Few things I would like to share which I have observed in my experience with friends when I moved to a new place. I decided to share because I strongly feel that you will be able to connect with me in one of the following points that I have mentioned. If you haven’t experienced it then, my friend please be prepared for the near future :)


Let me get directly into the topic as we do not need an introduction to who is a friend? If you would like to know more about friendship then I suggest you to go on and read an article on Friendship by clicking on the link below.
 https://itsmythoughtstrain.blogspot.com/2019/05/hello-reader-its-my-second-post-on-my.html.

Why Friendship Breaks?

  • I have noticed that friends will drift away when you limit yourself. For example, if you are a person who enjoys talking, laughing loud and enjoy social gathering and suddenly one day you make up your mind to upgrade your skills and spend most of your time indoors by limiting people contact, and later you notice that people are having presuppositions about the change in the way of your life. They will limit their conversation with you and do not share gossip nor show that friendly talk anymore. The saddest part is that they agree with one’s perspective in the clique and they don’t even bother to ask you about what you were up to in life. Even if they ask they have their own doubts and you worry about it. Isn't that so true?
  • This one is the most important one. Your friendship will be dangling if you do not notice that your pal is uncomfortable when you are talking to someone new in your regional language in his/her presence. I have personally experienced it ;). The sooner you notice the better it is. It is very much essential to involve all your friends in your conversation for a simple reason that he or she is your good friend. At times we do take our friends for granted and we get immersed in our comfort zone, which will cause turbulence later and that's bad. So fix it now.
  • Third one is mostly ignored unknowingly though. Always listen to your friend when he or she is talking without, interrupting. Lending your ears while another person is talking is the best way to show respect. It’s okay to wait for a bit longer time for your turn to talk. This will strengthen your relationship with the other person. People like to be with someone who listens to them without being judged. This way you are reinforcing their positive mindset. Here, you are being empathetic with or without your knowledge and that is very much essential in all forms of relationship.
  • Fourth one, communication is the best way to bind any broken relationship. This might be clichéd but trust me it is the most substantial one in any kind of relationships. Keep all the presumptions away and ask your friend what went wrong. This positively proves that you are non-judgemental towards your friend. Accepting as the person is, happens only in pure friendship and not in any other relationships. I am certain that in any form of relationships there is always an adjustment and compromises, which is a conduit to maintain a healthy relationship. If you don't want to lose that good friend of yours then keep that Ego away and Go, Talk!
  • In fifth, if your friend is not comfortable with some other person with whom you have no hostility, it is necessary to take good care of not talking to that person in the presence of your dear friend. When he or she is around, you need to take initiative in giving that comfort to your friend in your body language and being physically present next to your friend. Otherwise, the path is set to part ways. You will also notice mild changes in your pal's behaviour.
  • Sixth, it is a shame that if you have a relationship with someone who has been inhuman or insulted and disrespected your friend. Your friendship will never be true thereon. If you realise that your friend is no wrong and does not deserve to be ill-treated then be wise. Some of us might contradict this view of mine but it’s my strong opinion that it is so true that your friend will be much hurt than the pain caused by the other person for letting down when needed.
  • This is the most fatal one. Always hold that Trust of your friend. Once it’s broken it’s broken forever. It’s just like how many ever times you try to make straight the crumpled paper will have creases. Being just is very crucial in friendship. To put it in a philosophical manner, it’s okay if your friend breaks your trust because no one is perfect. You need to forgive and move on. But the relationship won’t be like before anymore.
A Meaningful one -
I found this interesting one in social media.
"6+3=9 But so does 5+4. The way you do things isn't always the only way to do them. Respect other people's way of thinking."
I mean to say that these are not the only ways to solve a problem in friendship. There are many other ways which you will discover if you give a thought to it.

Things to be remembered (Bond with a friend)

  1. Do not name call your friend if he/she is uncomfortable. Respect their feelings. Sometimes your friend is okay with the nickname but may not prefer you calling with a nickname in the presence of others.
  2. Stand by your friend if he or she is getting defeating in any form. For example, It can be a conversation with another person, a show that did not go well or lack of support from the family etc.
  3. Possessiveness will ruin your relationship with your friend. Allow your friend to expand his/her peer circle. This will enhance your bond with your friend. Remember your friend is not your property.
  4. Do not take your friend for granted. Know thy pal properly before you take any decision so, that you can avoid an embarrassing situation. To give my own example, we planned a surprized destination birthday celebration to our dear friend that turned out to be a disappointment to the birthday baby because our friend wanted to celebrate amidst children and other staffs at the workplace. It was a learning experience for all of us.

Some people you should just LET GO!

You need to give that personal space to your friend. It means that you do not compel your friend to do anything that they do not like. If you have experienced many bad moments in friendship then you are not alone. Every other person would have experienced this phase of life. Apparently, nobody is apt including you and I. Dwelling in the negative thoughts is no help because this life is short and precious, therefore, Make LIFE beautiful by living every moment. 
Friends are part of your life and they are not your life. So, Value every relationship and learn from every form of relationships.
If you have read till the end then you are able to connect to me in some way. Thank you so much for reading my article. Hoping to see you in my next writing. Until then STAY SAFE & STAY ALIVE!
Much Love
Sangeetha :)
 

Comments

  1. Wowwww.....very touching. It's absolutely true!!! You have wonderfully put in your beautiful thoughts n learning in your write up. I could connect so many incidents in my life...past is gone but now i know how u take care of a relationship in a beautiful way with your inner secrets of a beautiful life. Great going Miss Sangeeta. Will long to read your next one. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your insight. Sorry I don't see your name. Your words inspire me to pen down my next thought 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I feel connected myself with it. I had very beautiful experiences in my past but due to lack of conversation, I lost my of mine good relationship. Thanks for sharing. It means a lot to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that insight! I am sure you can get back with confidence and regain those beautiful relationships. We all learn from our own experiences:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah true Sangeetha!!
    You're an Inspiration
    Keep going Sis... God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Mano for your lovely feedback:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Sangee, Keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much:) I am unable to guess the person as there is no name😀

      Delete
  8. So true ... Proud to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You Ansu🤗 for so much Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sangeetha, being social creatures, we inevitably need people around us and if we get hold of some genuine ones, we must not let them go and the tiny yet highly potent tips shared by you will come handy to me and all the readers for life to treasure, preserve and cherish these beautiful bonds. Thanks a lot! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You Vineet. I am glad that you liked it:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you want to share your intellect with me, please let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

Life has a Limit or is Limitless?

Hello Reader :) Life becomes more meaningful when we are recognised for our work. Thank you so much for following and being on my page. Please keep encouraging me by reading my post and leaving your comments. Life has a Limit or is Limitless? Today is 'International Literacy day'. As educators we are, let's put our acquired knowledge into practice. Literacy forms the basis of communication and It's my privilege to communicate about 'Limitless' via my blog. The post is all about how conveniently we misuse the quality of life that we are blessed with. With the knowledge that I have gathered, would like to share with you too. Let's introspect once again. Beauty is in the eye of the bearer. Is there a measurement in life? I mean, is there a limit in our life? Do you agree when someone says - it should be only so much; that has to be done to a limit; it is agreed to an extent; there is a limit for everything. It varies right? Life has a limit or

Stress = COVID-19

Hello Reader :)  When you say that happiness is within, then you must be living a Mystic life. I believe that my readers are not soul seekers. We are like any other human beings, seeking for love, happiness, peace, acceptance and humanity. However, we are not sure whether we are only seekers or giving the same to others. We all have that moment of sadness, jealous, hopelessness, fear, disappointment, hatred or anger which causes Stress. Stress is inevitable and there is no cure for it, which means that we can only cope with it. There is no one on this earth living a stress-free life. Of course, there are many of us who are successfully coping with stress. Today I would like to share my views on how stress has brought changes amidst the global pandemic situation. The current COVID-19 has caused fear in every single being irrespective of age, gender, race or creed. It has got us into a lot of thinking like fear of death, fear of losing a job, fear of going hungry, fear of losing

ANXIETY!

Hello Reader:) Thank you so much for being on my page. I am glad that you have decided to read about anxiety. This article is all about what an anxious brain can do and a first step to overcome anxiety. Let me put it straight, though I am a psychologist, the article is not from a clinical perspective using a psychological brain rather it’s of a person’s personal experience with psychological intellect. If you would like to know the depth of anxiety go ahead and click on this following google link, and I hope that it helps you. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml To begin with my anxiety: Someone created this blog for me a decade ago mocking on my writing skills. I was then not so good at expressing my thoughts and that’s what I thought. And my blog site remained untouched for 10 long years. I was always anxious about my language skills and I believed that I would never write in my life. But then one beautiful morning thoughts were just flowing i