Skip to main content

TESTED POSITIVE!

 

Hello Reader :)

How are you doing? Hope things are getting better at your end be it personal, professional, physical, or psychological. Right now I am being compassionate about your well-being. Compassion is one of the greatest virtues one can have. The idea behind this is to remind ourselves that we live in a society and not in isolation therefore, show love in order to receive. This in turn takes care of our mental health.

To begin with –

It was lockdown days in 2020. The schools were closed and the government declared work from home. Many lost jobs, many got stuck in one place, many lost their loved ones to the COVID-19, some of them experienced domestic violence, and some got divorced while some got married. Yet life was moving as per nature’s decision.

But what I saw was that COVID-19 kept many of us closer and built a deeper understanding of each other. The relationship became transparent which was good for some and worst for others.

Whatever maybe the obstacle, we race with life searching the purpose and giving meaning to it. And that’s how we need to be.  It was a time where life gave us a lemon and we struggled hard to make lemonade out of it. Many moved through the struggle and many continue to move through the struggle with determination. It’s 2021 now, the situation is the same and we are still battling the virus.

Tested Positive!

I was petrified, but I was prepared too. A couple of weeks before when I was tested positive the consistent symptoms confirmed that I will be caged for a while. Luckily I did not spread it to anyone.

For a loner like me staying in an isolation should not be a task. But staying within the four walls was a challenge. I prefer to walk around the trees, breathe fresh air, and admire dawn/dusk.

I believed that it is a rest period and will have a lot of me-time. I decided to stay positive and decided to beat boredom by reading a book, practicing yoga, drawing, or binge-watching Netflix. Trust me I couldn’t do any of those. I could keep my fever, body pain, headache, and cold under my control with the support of medicine. And I was tired throughout the day. I could taste bitterness even in my saliva. My eyes were heavy and always told me to sleep. I wanted something but I didn’t know what.

Cravings!

As I was away from home what was I craving for? Attention? Socialization? A hug? Better taste buds? To be with family? See a friend? Maybe something or someone else who could make me feel loved, accepted, and not running away from me because of the virus that I carried. I felt sorry for those who got scared of me. I only wanted to breathe fresh air but that turned out to be scary too. People said that I need to wear a mask at all times because it’s airborne. They were concerned for me and for themselves, which was nice and is quite natural despite me being within my confinement. I did come across a few good souls who kept checking on my health and helped me in some or other ways. The management was supportive who was quite positive about my health while I was tested positive. I am ever grateful for their goodwill.

The reason that I am sharing with you is to make you aware of how people tested with COVID positive will go through a different kind of feeling or experiences. I am glad that I was resilient just like one of you.

Vow

It’s not that I was careless and did not follow the COVID rules to protect myself from the virus. Maybe I was with someone who was unwell and I wasn’t aware of that till I was tested positive. The irony was that the person was also not aware that the virus was taking over his or her health. It just happened and we have recovered.

In my opinion, I would say that people with COVID will not seek advice on what to eat and the different kinds of home remedies. I think they want someone to make them feel loved, accepted, and enough by just making your presence aware even in your absence.

Trust me the hard time teaches us the best lesson ever about who they are or what you are.

To conclude the COVID-19 is present in almost every family. It has become a way of life. We need to study it well and take utmost care of ourselves and the environment to prove that COVID-19 is not an annihilation of the human race.

Thank you for reading till the end. I am with you following the COVID rules. 

  STAY SAFE, STAY HOME!

Dawn is the manifestation of a Beautiful day ahead! :)

Sangeetha 😊

Comments

Post a Comment

If you want to share your intellect with me, please let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

Life has a Limit or is Limitless?

Hello Reader :) Life becomes more meaningful when we are recognised for our work. Thank you so much for following and being on my page. Please keep encouraging me by reading my post and leaving your comments. Life has a Limit or is Limitless? Today is 'International Literacy day'. As educators we are, let's put our acquired knowledge into practice. Literacy forms the basis of communication and It's my privilege to communicate about 'Limitless' via my blog. The post is all about how conveniently we misuse the quality of life that we are blessed with. With the knowledge that I have gathered, would like to share with you too. Let's introspect once again. Beauty is in the eye of the bearer. Is there a measurement in life? I mean, is there a limit in our life? Do you agree when someone says - it should be only so much; that has to be done to a limit; it is agreed to an extent; there is a limit for everything. It varies right? Life has a limit or

Stress = COVID-19

Hello Reader :)  When you say that happiness is within, then you must be living a Mystic life. I believe that my readers are not soul seekers. We are like any other human beings, seeking for love, happiness, peace, acceptance and humanity. However, we are not sure whether we are only seekers or giving the same to others. We all have that moment of sadness, jealous, hopelessness, fear, disappointment, hatred or anger which causes Stress. Stress is inevitable and there is no cure for it, which means that we can only cope with it. There is no one on this earth living a stress-free life. Of course, there are many of us who are successfully coping with stress. Today I would like to share my views on how stress has brought changes amidst the global pandemic situation. The current COVID-19 has caused fear in every single being irrespective of age, gender, race or creed. It has got us into a lot of thinking like fear of death, fear of losing a job, fear of going hungry, fear of losing

ANXIETY!

Hello Reader:) Thank you so much for being on my page. I am glad that you have decided to read about anxiety. This article is all about what an anxious brain can do and a first step to overcome anxiety. Let me put it straight, though I am a psychologist, the article is not from a clinical perspective using a psychological brain rather it’s of a person’s personal experience with psychological intellect. If you would like to know the depth of anxiety go ahead and click on this following google link, and I hope that it helps you. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml To begin with my anxiety: Someone created this blog for me a decade ago mocking on my writing skills. I was then not so good at expressing my thoughts and that’s what I thought. And my blog site remained untouched for 10 long years. I was always anxious about my language skills and I believed that I would never write in my life. But then one beautiful morning thoughts were just flowing i