Skip to main content

Love!

Hello Reader :)

Thank you so much for being on my page and choosing to read my article. Today I would like to give a few inputs about love, a word that mesmerizes the world around you. Yes, it is because I am not going to discuss Love in general. I am going to be very specific about the love relationship between a boy and a girl. I had this in my mind for a very long time to reach it to my reader.

Below what you read in the image is an expression of love by an anonymous writer - 

Love is in your thoughts

I wonder is this how a feeling of a person in love. Isn’t this an obsession of a person? Isn’t this a craving for physical intimacy, a basic instinct of humans? Won’t this break his/her heart when the love doesn’t meet your demand? Or should I say that it’s a need? I also wonder are these feelings perpetual or just a moment of life?

As a Counselling Psychologist, I have come across people who continue to cling on to a person who actually disrespects the so-called girlfriend/ boyfriend. It is so hard to let go of the other person because they continue to have an expectation from the other end. Sometimes I feel that you need to let go of someone in whose life you are not a priority.

In the initial days of your love relationship, everything seems to be so nice, so beautiful and so perfect in your eyes. As days pass you become so close to each other and your expectation grows, which was not found in the initial days of your love relationship. As your expectation grows, a discomfort arises. When there is a discomfort, rift creates. When there is a rift, your mind recollects only the negative side of a person, which you had ignored once. Your mind’s eye shuts all the positives and breeds irritation towards your loved one.

 Elements in Love:

 I thought of a few key elements that are must in a love relationship –

  1. Accepting the person as the way he or she is by not ignoring their flaws. Ignoring something which you do not like gives you instant relief. However, your negative thoughts settle in your subconscious mind and erupt in a situation causing an imbalance in your relationship.

  2. Respecting your partner is a key element in a love relationship. When you are enjoying an unconditional love from your partner it doesn’t mean that you take that person for granted and say something that embarrasses him/her either in a social gathering or in private. You never know the aftermath of it.

  3. Building and gaining a trust that you won’t let go of the person at any circumstances form a strong love relationship. When there is a trust the person will go to any extent to protect you or fulfil your needs.

  4. The purest form of love is giving the space for the person’s feelings in a physical relationship. Understanding and giving time is very essential. This is the manifestation of your respect towards the person.

 

The above-mentioned points are what I thought that it could be the essential elements in a love relationship. There are many other traits to add to it. Yet you need to identify the major ones that bond your relationship.

The expression of love in the image is apparently a one-sided love. I would say that it is okay to enjoy the state of pleasure because it gives an immense feeling of satisfaction but sometimes your mind will lose control over it and it will be overwhelming to accept the truth that comes later.

Thank you once again for reading until the end. I would be glad to read your views in the comment box. 

I would also request you to check my Facebook page where I would be sharing articles, videos and quotes of psychology related concepts. 

 https://www.facebook.com/mendingmymind/


With Love

Sangeetha :)

PS: Resilience is what required if you have faced love failure. Maybe it’s not as easy as I say. But definitely it is Possible.


Comments

  1. Good one Sangee... Elements in love, without elements there is no Chemistry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Elements in Love😊 Thank You Ma'am 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice thought. Would help people understand each other if they follow these elements

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You for sharing your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This topic came as a surprise to me Sang :D Good one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You 😊..Yes this topic kept coming to my mind when I deal with issues like this during my Counselling sessions. So penned it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you want to share your intellect with me, please let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

Life has a Limit or is Limitless?

Hello Reader :) Life becomes more meaningful when we are recognised for our work. Thank you so much for following and being on my page. Please keep encouraging me by reading my post and leaving your comments. Life has a Limit or is Limitless? Today is 'International Literacy day'. As educators we are, let's put our acquired knowledge into practice. Literacy forms the basis of communication and It's my privilege to communicate about 'Limitless' via my blog. The post is all about how conveniently we misuse the quality of life that we are blessed with. With the knowledge that I have gathered, would like to share with you too. Let's introspect once again. Beauty is in the eye of the bearer. Is there a measurement in life? I mean, is there a limit in our life? Do you agree when someone says - it should be only so much; that has to be done to a limit; it is agreed to an extent; there is a limit for everything. It varies right? Life has a limit or

Stress = COVID-19

Hello Reader :)  When you say that happiness is within, then you must be living a Mystic life. I believe that my readers are not soul seekers. We are like any other human beings, seeking for love, happiness, peace, acceptance and humanity. However, we are not sure whether we are only seekers or giving the same to others. We all have that moment of sadness, jealous, hopelessness, fear, disappointment, hatred or anger which causes Stress. Stress is inevitable and there is no cure for it, which means that we can only cope with it. There is no one on this earth living a stress-free life. Of course, there are many of us who are successfully coping with stress. Today I would like to share my views on how stress has brought changes amidst the global pandemic situation. The current COVID-19 has caused fear in every single being irrespective of age, gender, race or creed. It has got us into a lot of thinking like fear of death, fear of losing a job, fear of going hungry, fear of losing

ANXIETY!

Hello Reader:) Thank you so much for being on my page. I am glad that you have decided to read about anxiety. This article is all about what an anxious brain can do and a first step to overcome anxiety. Let me put it straight, though I am a psychologist, the article is not from a clinical perspective using a psychological brain rather it’s of a person’s personal experience with psychological intellect. If you would like to know the depth of anxiety go ahead and click on this following google link, and I hope that it helps you. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml To begin with my anxiety: Someone created this blog for me a decade ago mocking on my writing skills. I was then not so good at expressing my thoughts and that’s what I thought. And my blog site remained untouched for 10 long years. I was always anxious about my language skills and I believed that I would never write in my life. But then one beautiful morning thoughts were just flowing i