Skip to main content

PROCRASTINATION!


Hello Reader ☺️

Thank you so much for being on my page and I am glad to share my new article. I am sure that you will have learnt something new about 'Procrastination' after reading it. Come, let's move towards making our Life more Beautiful.

I will do this later; I still have enough time; I will do it tomorrow. This is what you usually hear from the people if they do not want to do something or if they are not interested. Did I say that you hear from others? I am certain that YOU and I would have told it at some point of time. You must have read many articles about procrastination and time management or you must have heard people speaking about it. It is really not a new topic but yeah it is a significant one.

Procrastination and time management go hand in hand. One might think that I have a lot of time to do and that’s when procrastination happens. We forget our priorities and indulge in a lot of unimportant work. Let me tell you why time management is very important. Steve Jobs once said, “your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life”. Isn’t it so true? We actually keep our job aside and do something else for instant gratification. So why do we spend a lot of time on trivial things? I am not saying that one should not play video games or get into social media or watch television etc. these are also necessary to keep you relaxed, happy and stay connected with the world outside. Many a time the things that we do is not a waste of time. But, we must know our priorities. Do not get carried away and controlled by external activities. We must know when to stop and get back to work. When we do not realize this, we procrastinate. We are not aware of our own thoughts and it is high time that we gave time to ourselves to understand better.

Some of us postpone our task due to lack of interest. I would like to give you a few suggestions to minimize procrastination.

First, get to know what it is. Understand the value of the task before you start. When you don’t know the value of it or how it is benefitting you it is natural to take it easy. So let this not be the reason for you to procrastinate.

At times you feel that the task is not so important and lose interest in either starting or completing it. At that time you need to see its benefits in the long run. Be flexible and think different ways of its usefulness.

Be mentally prepared to complete the task. Do not compel yourself immediately. Take time. Calm yourself and get started. I am sure that you will not find that irritation or the thought to procrastinate until you complete it.

Think of the consequences of not completing the task. When you procrastinate think how much time is left? Will you be able to complete the task during that period of time? Have you committed to some other task during that allotted time? These are very essential thoughts when you procrastinate.
  
It is not that difficult to teach the value of time to children. Parents, older siblings, caretakers and teachers will play a major role in shaping the personality of a child. Children look up to them and imitate their behaviour. Therefore, we should STOP procrastinating. If you have a child at home, make it possible to follow this simple rule, ‘Be firm in completing the task on time’.

Never practice procrastination in the presence of children so that they respect the value of time’.

I would also like to mention a few out of the many benefits of NOT procrastinating. 
  • You will learn the value of time
  • People will respect you
  • You will have more time for other tasks
  • You will have time to enjoy your passion/hobby without disturbance
  • You will experience a sense of satisfaction and achievement.

 Life is simple, Above all it’s BEAUTIFUL! Make your every moment lively. Procrastination only makes you miserable and sets in negativity. It is not only harmful to you and to your loved ones but also to your career and passion. Jay Shetty, a storyteller says “Time flies and you are the pilot”. Be a pilot to reach the right destination at the correct time. Therefore,  spend more time on a significant job over trivial ones. Importantly, be able to differentiate between the two.


A butterfly symbolizes (will lead us to) the Sunny (Brighter) side of Life!


I hope the article was useful to you. Thank you so much for reading. If you are not in my follower’s list please do click on the ‘follow’ button and subscribe for the updates.

Edited by IAMASIMHA (Arpana Simha)

Sangeetha :)


https://itsmythoughtstrain.blogspot.com/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stress = COVID-19

Hello Reader :)  When you say that happiness is within, then you must be living a Mystic life. I believe that my readers are not soul seekers. We are like any other human beings, seeking for love, happiness, peace, acceptance and humanity. However, we are not sure whether we are only seekers or giving the same to others. We all have that moment of sadness, jealous, hopelessness, fear, disappointment, hatred or anger which causes Stress. Stress is inevitable and there is no cure for it, which means that we can only cope with it. There is no one on this earth living a stress-free life. Of course, there are many of us who are successfully coping with stress. Today I would like to share my views on how stress has brought changes amidst the global pandemic situation. The current COVID-19 has caused fear in every single being irrespective of age, gender, race or creed. It has got us into a lot of thinking like fear of death, fear of losing a job, fear of going hungry, fear of losing

Life has a Limit or is Limitless?

Hello Reader :) Life becomes more meaningful when we are recognised for our work. Thank you so much for following and being on my page. Please keep encouraging me by reading my post and leaving your comments. Life has a Limit or is Limitless? Today is 'International Literacy day'. As educators we are, let's put our acquired knowledge into practice. Literacy forms the basis of communication and It's my privilege to communicate about 'Limitless' via my blog. The post is all about how conveniently we misuse the quality of life that we are blessed with. With the knowledge that I have gathered, would like to share with you too. Let's introspect once again. Beauty is in the eye of the bearer. Is there a measurement in life? I mean, is there a limit in our life? Do you agree when someone says - it should be only so much; that has to be done to a limit; it is agreed to an extent; there is a limit for everything. It varies right? Life has a limit or

ANXIETY!

Hello Reader:) Thank you so much for being on my page. I am glad that you have decided to read about anxiety. This article is all about what an anxious brain can do and a first step to overcome anxiety. Let me put it straight, though I am a psychologist, the article is not from a clinical perspective using a psychological brain rather it’s of a person’s personal experience with psychological intellect. If you would like to know the depth of anxiety go ahead and click on this following google link, and I hope that it helps you. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml To begin with my anxiety: Someone created this blog for me a decade ago mocking on my writing skills. I was then not so good at expressing my thoughts and that’s what I thought. And my blog site remained untouched for 10 long years. I was always anxious about my language skills and I believed that I would never write in my life. But then one beautiful morning thoughts were just flowing i