Skip to main content

SIBLINGS!

Hello Reader


I am very thankful to you for being on my page. It is my third article and I am glad about it. Please read till the end to know exactly what I have said. Okay, let’s get into the topic, Siblings.


United as Siblings

Every house with siblings must be filled with fun, crazy fights, complaints, rivalry, and love. Every house with siblings must be….? Should it be like that? Or is it like that? There are houses with siblings where they hardly get to talk to each other. Some are reserved, they kind of talk only when it is needed. Whereas some people have made up sister and brother despite having their sibling. They respect them more than their sibling. Exactly! Nothing wrong in it. It happens only because they have never spent quality time in understanding and accepting each other. They seek love and acceptance from the outsiders. It comes positively only when the parents or caretakers model that kind of behaviour in their presence.

For instance, an elder sister guiding the younger sister in her academics, brother guiding his sister in her career, brother correcting the sister when she complains about mom’s food, sister acting responsibly when handling money and valuable things, brothers being protective of their sister and so on.

There are siblings in the name of advice- they keep rewinding the same tape and they think what they are saying is correct and not try to understand the other person’s point of view.  Isn’t it annoying? And, it leads to conflict and widens the gap between the siblings. To bridge the gap it is essential to be wise whenever your sibling approaches you for guidance or support. Never give advice, but do give a lot of suggestions. Respect your sibling’s feelings and emotions. Listen to what they have to say. Give them personal space and encourage them to brainstorm and come up with their own solutions. This will enhance the respect that they have for you and they remain grateful to you for being such strong support.

Siblings are blessings in disguise and most of us fail to understand. They are stress busters! We vent out to them; they make us understand what we should do and should not do through their actions; we disagree and argue on insignificant thoughts; we give and take opinions; we continue to annoy each other and still we hold that mutual love and respect for one another.

There is a lot more to write about this vast topic, and it becomes more beautiful when you reflect and connect to your life. I would like to leave you all saying that

'A brother or sister is someone who is more than a friend'.

Thank you so much for reading till the end. If you are not in my follower’s list please do click on the ‘follow’ button.

Edited by IAMASIMHA (Arpana Simha)

Sangeetha :)

https://itsmythoughtstrain.blogspot.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life has a Limit or is Limitless?

Hello Reader :) Life becomes more meaningful when we are recognised for our work. Thank you so much for following and being on my page. Please keep encouraging me by reading my post and leaving your comments. Life has a Limit or is Limitless? Today is 'International Literacy day'. As educators we are, let's put our acquired knowledge into practice. Literacy forms the basis of communication and It's my privilege to communicate about 'Limitless' via my blog. The post is all about how conveniently we misuse the quality of life that we are blessed with. With the knowledge that I have gathered, would like to share with you too. Let's introspect once again. Beauty is in the eye of the bearer. Is there a measurement in life? I mean, is there a limit in our life? Do you agree when someone says - it should be only so much; that has to be done to a limit; it is agreed to an extent; there is a limit for everything. It varies right? Life has a limit or

Stress = COVID-19

Hello Reader :)  When you say that happiness is within, then you must be living a Mystic life. I believe that my readers are not soul seekers. We are like any other human beings, seeking for love, happiness, peace, acceptance and humanity. However, we are not sure whether we are only seekers or giving the same to others. We all have that moment of sadness, jealous, hopelessness, fear, disappointment, hatred or anger which causes Stress. Stress is inevitable and there is no cure for it, which means that we can only cope with it. There is no one on this earth living a stress-free life. Of course, there are many of us who are successfully coping with stress. Today I would like to share my views on how stress has brought changes amidst the global pandemic situation. The current COVID-19 has caused fear in every single being irrespective of age, gender, race or creed. It has got us into a lot of thinking like fear of death, fear of losing a job, fear of going hungry, fear of losing

ANXIETY!

Hello Reader:) Thank you so much for being on my page. I am glad that you have decided to read about anxiety. This article is all about what an anxious brain can do and a first step to overcome anxiety. Let me put it straight, though I am a psychologist, the article is not from a clinical perspective using a psychological brain rather it’s of a person’s personal experience with psychological intellect. If you would like to know the depth of anxiety go ahead and click on this following google link, and I hope that it helps you. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml To begin with my anxiety: Someone created this blog for me a decade ago mocking on my writing skills. I was then not so good at expressing my thoughts and that’s what I thought. And my blog site remained untouched for 10 long years. I was always anxious about my language skills and I believed that I would never write in my life. But then one beautiful morning thoughts were just flowing i